Friday 8 June 2012

Lost in the crossfire

This poem, which I created 2 years ago, was done with a sore heart and a suffered mind. Patience tests a man so hard, that he loses his sense of judgement. I felt I couldn't wait any longer for justice.Justice of a personal kind. Most of my friends would've already seen this poem on Facebook in my Notes. But what they do not know is that this will be the epilogue to the romantic-erotic poem on which i will embark soon.....in 4 installments! This is an epilogue from the point of view of first person, full of deep meaning and intensity. But then again, YOU are the judges!



Rendering sorries were of no avail
as I bounded onward in the journey of life.
So deep were the regrets
that the wound never completely healed.
Sadness replete with shame,

I burst forth asking,
"Why me? Why now?
and most importantly why the suffering?"
Silence was the sole reply heard
and silence indeed was the sole lesson I learnt.
So stoic and noisy was the silence,
that the divine motioned me to follow 
the time and
the destination it led to.

Here I am following it,
happier than before........................
Waiting for the scales of justice to balance out.

6 comments:

  1. Shame, regret, sorrows.. something I'm no stranger to.. It takes a long time to heal.. but then again, the scars are always there. It's just over time, you forget their there.. until you look into the mirror.. Very interesting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the scales of justice to balance out... i wonder if those scales ever balance out as long at least as we're on this earth with all its imperfections and heartbreak and sorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles....the scales will most likely never balance...and its not our place to make them to...why will strangle our life as well...as will the waiting for justice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aravind, there is so much to discover in silence. Not just the kind "outside" but that within as well. It's a challenge. But can put things like justice/injustice in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on the stoic and heavy silence ~ But then again some scales of justice will not balance out, so the wait may be a long time ~

    Can you also take out the Word Verification in your Comment Setting? It would make commenting easier ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stoci and noisy the silence. I like that. Sometimes one can wait a long time for scales to balance out because we never know or realize the standards use as weight at the time. I have felt in this very same position. A very emotion write. Very good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker