Wednesday 20 March 2013

Fighting tooth and nail for a Q5

The title is an exaggeration. Not exactly tooth and nail. But I did as he told. 'He' meaning my dad.


"So, 10 on 10. Will you get it this semester?"

No way. Was he asking for the unreachable? All this for an Audi?


Well, Audi is and must be gifted for special reasons and occasions. So no excuses there. The brand is for people who reach out and 'ready to die trying' people. Like me. So yeah, i wanted to give it my best shot for the next semester exams. Continuous evaluation in college made life hell with all sorts of record writing, etc. But I wanted to try. I tried protesting.

"You know, dad, that my highest score is nowhere near that!"

Dad was a stickler. An ethics guy. But a cool guy. He was willing to buy even 2 Audis for me. His love for Audi started way back when he worked for different automotive companies. He always prided on brand value and Audi was no exception.

"In 2012, Audi kept leaders BMW and Merc worried about their lead in the Indian markets. Audi grew the fastest at 79% a quarter ago and I stake my bets on Audi. Cmon son, they are doing their best to break more than even and stay at no 1, why the hell can't you put the same effort??''

There. I stared incredulously. My own dad compared me with a car! There you go, that's the kind of love we are talking about. Intensely fierce competition runs down in our blood and that spices things up. Audi is no different.

"But dad, I want the Q5 So badly! The SUV for a new generation.Just like me dad, "Convincing without being persuasive." Its sportive without being unreasonable giving efficient driving pleasure.", I reeled off these words as exactly given in the description of the Q5 at Audi.in, straight from my mind!!

My dad, however, didnt miss the trick. "Those were from the site, wasnt it??"

I grinned sheepishly, hands scratching my head. He started walking away with a smile.

I was a single guy all life long. I could depend on Audi to pick up the right chick for me. Hell yeah, only best friends know the right kind of girl for you. Well, I love the Audi more than my girlfriends anyway, if i ever get one. I could silently drive through the night and my Audi would keep company for my thoughts. Steering was the least worrisome affair. A friend of mine once told me he would'nt trade his Audi even for his right lung! Yeah, he was a smoker alright.

"Just imagine the class I would proudly show, Dad! You know I've worked hard! give it another thought na??"

He stopped in his tracks and turned. I half expected him to dangle those brand new Q5 keys from his hands.

"Son, let me give you a piece of advice. With Audi, there are no second thoughts. Likewise, for you, there are no second chances. You want an Audi, go and put your damn effort. Now run. Atta Boy!", said my dad and walked away with a final flourish.

Guess what I'm gonna do next? Get that elusive baby. That one of a kind beauty. Who wants a gal when Audi is that mistress who lets you indulge in her? I wasnt satisfied with my new Audi scale model. I want the real thing. All of it. Im going after her.




Now, if anyone asks my readers what my first love was, they'd tell you, in glowing terms, that I was a nutjob who loved Audi like no-one ever did. So much for love. So much for Audi.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker