Tuesday 3 July 2012

The Dilemma


Two reasons for the above title.
1. Wasted a lot of time. And came crashing to earth in many aspects.
2. Never able to rhyme a single poem till now.
I guess there is a beginning for everything. In my case, this poem!



All day long, I stayed put and lazy
pondering my future, all bleak and hazy.
"Time will soon run", so said my dad.
Despite the fun, Oh, now I feel bad.
Taken from google images
Hands on my face, "Why was I like this?"
Fighting my case thinking
"What did I miss?"
Old times and passion. Even company too?
Peace, joy and harmony? Maybe that's true.
But all that mattered now as the clock chimed,
I wrote all this down. Wow! It finally rhymed.


Stranded alone praying for success
Shouted a voice inner, "Laddie, you aint no mess." 
The crises will come, the riches may go
Our lives all traverse, peaks sky-high and low.
Comforted yet anxious, I watched my pen
form these lines tedious. (in meaningful pairs of ten)
Now I realize there's scope for everything.
Bring focus and patience and raise hope for everything.
"Food is ready", my mom waved and mimed.
Famished I eat, happy this effort rhymed.




11 comments:

  1. T Rajendar style brother. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot!!
    Really :) To both my anonymous brother and SM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not as spellbinding as your carefully constructed poems which follow some order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really rhyme superbly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolz Aravind, this brought a smile to my face. The ending to both the poems was sweet.

    I'll let you in on a secret. It's not really important to rhyme. Write a free verse and it would hold magic if the words ring true.

    Your rhymes did not sound forced... which is a good thing. If you're inclined to write in a rhyme scheme, practice is the key... but as I see it, it won't take long. You do it pretty nicely. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Speck and @Vaishali:

    Thank you for your help and support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very short and sweet.. the desire to be great. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyscape

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker